The Association of Irish Local Government (AILG) in conjunction with the Office of the Planning Regulator (OPR) will continue the second training module for local authority elected members on Friday, 26th February from 10am-11:30am.
The title for the overall webinar is “Local Authority Planning Enforcement Functions”. The individual presentations will deal with the:
- Overview of Local Authority Planning Enforcement Functions – John Downey, Dublin City Council. This presentation will focus on:
- the main legislative functions;
- the typical workload of local authorities;
- engagement and communication;
- court action: key requirements; and
- co-ordinating planning enforcement and wider local authority powers.
- Planning Enforcement by Local Authorities: Review of Complaints to Ombudsman – presentation to be delivered by Ahmed El Baradie and Tom Morgan, Office of the Ombudsman. This presentation will focus on:
- the role of the Ombudsman;
- profile of complaints handled by the Ombudsman in relation to local authorities;
- key trends and issues;
- the memorandum of understanding between the OPR and the Office of the Ombudsman; and
- case studies and learnings
The presentations will last approximately 30 minutes. There will be a 30 minute Question and Answer session after the delivery of the presentations. Questions may be submitted online throughout the course of the webinar.
AILG and OPR are committed to delivering an intensive programme of planning training at a critical time when elected members are reviewing their Development Plans.
Elected Members can register their interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early registration is recommended.
If you would like to give feedback for future training modules please fill out our feedback form at the bottom of the Training & Education page here.