The AILG will host another online training webinar for local authority members in conjunction with the Office of the Planning Regulator on Friday 28th May, 2021 from 10am – 11:30am.
Elected Members can register their interest by email to email@example.com
The 2021 Training Programme builds on the 2020 programme which gave members a strategic overview of the structure of Ireland’s planning process and the role of the OPR. This programme continues giving members a more in-depth level of training in relation to topical matters that their development plan preparation functions will be dealing with over the course of the year and 2022 as most local authorities review their plans.
Download the new 2021 AILG Training Programme Brochure HERE
The title for the overall webinar is “Rural Planning and Development Policy”.
The individual presentations will:
- Outline EU and national policies relevant to rural settlement objectives in
the development plan;
- Highlight National Development Plan (NDP) and planning and housing
programmes that can be used for the revitalisation of rural towns and
- Showcase examples of proactive land management and cluster housing
- Make elected members aware of the relevant EU and national regulatory
and policy requirements that impinge on rural settlement policies;
- Inform elected members about the range of national policy measures which
have been developed to strengthen rural communities through plan-led
- Provide examples of initiatives that members can take away and use in their
deliberations on their own development plans.
The presentations will be delivered by Niall Cussen (Planning Regulator) and Anne-Marie O’ Connor (Deputy Regulator) from the OPR.
There will be a Question and Answer session after the delivery of the presentations. Questions may be submitted online throughout the course of the webinar.