The AILG are hosting another online training webinar for local authority members in conjunction with the OPR and the Housing Agency on Friday 16 April, 2021 from 10am – 11:30am.
The April webinar will give an overview of Local Authority Housing and the Housing Agency.
Elected Members can register their interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The title for the overall webinar is “Local Authority Housing and the Housing Agency”.
This module will:
Provide an Introduction to Housing in Ireland; including
- Structure of social housing in Ireland;
- Role of Local Authorities and Approved Housing Bodies in social housing;
- Policy and legislative background;
- Social housing funding;
- Social housing management; and
- How the application & allocation process works.
Provide an Overview of the Housing Agency; including
- The Housing Agency’s remit;
- How the Housing Agency, social housing and local government interact; and
- Housing Agency supports.
The presentations will be delivered by Sarah Kennedy (Senior Staff Officer) and Camille Loftus (Head of Policy and Practice) from the Housing Agency.
There will be a Question and Answer session after the delivery of the presentations. Questions may be submitted online throughout the course of the webinar.